Sunday, April 18, 2010

Beginnings

I have recently lost 155 lbs with twenty five more to go. I have never been a cook/baker before my weight loss. Although, I was a pro at lasagna, fried chicken, and baked honey-glazed salmon because those are the dishes I love. I have also considered myself a *foodie (not quite sure what that means), in the sense of tasting different cuisines and experimenting, but I have never wanted to take it beyond that point. Half a person later, I have become fascinated with baking cookies, muffins, cupcakes and cooking savory foods such as bison and seafood burgers, vegetarian casserole, and much more. The thing is, I have not tasted any of what I have made. I have "used" my friends, roommates, family, and coworkers to taste my creations. On this site, I will offer some opinions and pictures of that.

Occasionally, I will probably stray onto the topic of weight loss, since I do believe--in some weird way--this has lead me to this passion. And there is the possibility that I will even talk about some personal issues.

So far, my most successful creations are lemon ricotta cookies, chocolate chip chipotle cookies, oatmeal butterscotch craisin cookies, and vegetarian corn muffin casserole.

Pictures are soon to come.


*Foodie definitions per Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foodie

No comments:

My Blog List

What should the flavor of my next cookie be?